Young Athletes is a sport and play program for children with intellectual disabilities. The focus is on fun activities that are important to mental and physical growth.
- Foundational Skills: Video of activities that develop foundational skills, which help children become aware of themselves and their surroundings.
- Walking and Running: Video that highlight different activities to improve walking and running skills.
- Balance and Jumping: Video that include activities, like Jumping High and Leaping Lizards, that focus on the core skill of balance.
- Trapping and Catching: Video of activities that children use to stop a ball with their body or catch it with their hands.
- Throwing: Video that includes activities, like Train Tunnel and Target Practice, that focus on grip, release, aim and other important skills in throwing.
- Striking: Video of activities that teach children how to hit a ball with their hand or an object. These skills develop hand-eye coordination
- Kicking: Video that includes activities, like Penalty Kick and Cone Dribble, that teach children how to kick a ball with their feet.
- Advanced Sports Skills: Video of activities that introduce children to basketball, football (soccer) and softball skills.
- Young Athletes Activity Guide Videos: The Young Athletes activity videos match and show the individual activities featured in the Young Athletes Activity Guide and show Young Athletes teachers and coaches how to correctly execute an activity. The introduction slides for each video
include titles in Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish.